Did I just agree with Anthony weiner what the fuck
I like my women how I like my men.
That’s the joke.
I am bisexual.
stupidhuman-shitforbrains said: Can you explain more about why you're against spanking? I agree, I'd just like to hear what you have to say.
- it is hurting someone
- your child, specifically, who should not be hurt by you of all people
- it doesnt work in the long term
- it develops trust issues
- it is reliant on fear, and teaches them to be afraid instead of actually learning what they did and how to self-discipline (i.e., “mommy spanked me when i tried crossing the road by myself, so i shouldn’t do it in front of her so i don’t get spanked” instead of “mommy told me i could get hurt if i cross the road by myself, so i won’t do it”)
- it asserts the ideology of stronger = right, and that because someone hurts you they are correct
- it shows that violence solves issues, which causes your child not only to normalize violence, but to partake in it
- it disregards bodily autonomy (as in people not touching you without your consent)
- it hurts their self-esteem, as well as affects their mental health, and their intelligence
- it becomes a gateway to harsher abuse due to desensitization
- it creates detachment of the parent/child bond
- it normalizes degrading and harmful behavior on the parent’s end
- it continues on the cycle of abuse
- it’s just overall shitty don’t hit someone, especially not someone who is smaller than you, defenseless, and VERY easily affected by it ok just don’t
My parents spanked me as a child and it always made me feel disrespected, like my body wasn’t mine, and ashamed. I don’t think I’ve suffered any sort of permanent emotional damage from it but I definitely wouldn’t want to subject my children to those sorts of feelings. Bodily autonomy is so freakin important, especially with the prevalence of rape in our society!
My parents never spanked me, I turned out okay.
I think im alright